In the light of the COVID-19 pandemic, shortness of breath has become widely associated with this disease. Experiencing breathing problems is one of the most common symptoms of lung disorder and creates an uncomfortable feeling when breathing as it becomes difficult to get full air into your lungs. Some people may experience breathing problems for a short period of time while others will undergo for a longer-term – may be for weeks or more.
What are its causes?
Several health conditions could cause a person to have trouble breathing. According to research, shortness of breath is common for people with lung disorders, environmental issues, or common health concerns. However, the reason for all respiratory diseases is yet unknown. A few of its causes include:
- Smoking: The smoke from cigarettes, pipes, or cigars is one of the leading causes of breathing problems. Therefore, if you are a smoker, it is vital to quit smoking and also avoid second-hand smoke.
- Radon: This is a colourless and odourless gas that is present in many houses and is known to cause lung disease including cancer. Most kits brought from hardware stores have radon present in them.
- Asbestos: A natural mineral fibre, asbestos is one that is used in insulation, fireproofing materials, car brakes, and other products. The small fibres released from asbestos can be harmful to lung cells and cause shortness of breath, lung cancer, and many.
A few of the symptoms of lung disorder include allergies, stuffy nose, wheezing, fever, head sweat, wheezing, flaring nostrils, anxiety, and throat phlegm. Breathing problems caused by lung conditions include pulmonary hypertension, asthma, croup, COPD, hiatal hernia, pulmonary embolism, pneumonia, and more. Certain heart conditions like congenital heart disease, heart attack, CAD, heart failure, and arrhythmia can also cause shortness of breath.
How to treat respiratory diseases?
If you have been experiencing the above symptoms over a period of time, it is highly advisable to consult a physician immediately. There are numerous treatment options for breathing problems. Here are a few options:
- Asthma and COPD patients can use inhalers to relieve these symptoms,
- Patients who experience shortness of breath can do breathing exercises and certain lifestyle changes to alleviate the symptoms.
- Cupping therapy is the last option for those suffering from breathing problems as it improves better functioning of the lungs. It is an effective remedy for treating respiratory diseases like chronic cough, asthma, pleurisy, and bronchial congestion.
How cupping treatment can help?
Cupping therapy works effectively as the negative pressure created via vacuum suction helps to loosen fluids and congestion from the lungs so that the body can expel them safely. It also induces the body parts to react against the congestion.
Also, cupping therapy is known to help enhance blood, lymph, and energy flow. Not only do the lungs receive a fresh infusion of healing, nutrients, lymph, and oxygen, but also the blood works to cleanse it off the impurities and other debris that are collected. In this way, the muscles of your respiratory system will also get healed and become stronger. This helps the respiratory system to eliminate stagnation and congestion.
If you are looking for ways to alleviate shortness of breath, cupping therapy is the only solution. We, at Halina Cupping Clinic, offer you the best effective treatment for various conditions, one of them being respiratory diseases. With a team of experienced and trained specialists, we aim at providing you with the best solution for all your breathing problems. Promising to help you lead a healthy and happy life!